5 Measurements Every Curvy Woman Should Know Before Shopping
Do you struggle with getting things to fit exactly how you want them to? Girl, me too. I used to order clothes online and when they’d get delivered, I would be so disappointed because they did not fit how I wanted them to! Online shopping does not have to be that hard, you just have to know your measurements!
- When measuring your bust:
- Put on your favorite bra or the bra you imagine yourself wearing with the item you want to purchase
- Wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your bust
- Make sure the measuring tape isn't getting stuck on anything or hanging lower on your back. Make sure the tape is even all the way around
- When measuring your hips:
- This is the lower glute area around to your front pelvic region.
- If you have a panis stomach, it is up to you whether or not you'd like to include your stomach in this measurement, depending on the garment you are purchasing!
- Natural Waist
- When measuring your natural waist:
- Your natural waist is the point on your body where it naturally tapers inward right under the ribcage.
- This is not always the "thinnest part" of everybody. It depends on your personal body type.
- Feel around where your ribs are, and take the measurement where your ribs end.
- Low Waist:
- When measuring your lower waist…
- Your lower waist is the bottom of your stomach wrapping around to your upper glute area.
- This measurement is especially helpful when deciding how jeans will fit.
- Instead of using your hip measurement when looking at the hip size on the size chart, use your low waist measurement.
For all measurements:
- You want the measuring tape to be flush against your skin, taught, but not tight. If it is too tight, or cutting into the skin, your clothes might not fit the way you want.
- You don't want to feel restricted from the measuring tape, but you also don't want it to be too loose, otherwise, the garment you purchase will be too baggy.
Take some time to measure yourself if you haven’t done this recently! It will make the world of a difference when shopping online!